The Deacons Ministry assists the Pastor in proclaiming the gospel; providing care for the pastor, church members, and the community; building and maintaining church fellowship; and providing Christian leadership to help the church attain its spiritual mission.
The mission of the Deacon Ministry is to support our Pastor in all aspects of providing spiritual leadership to the gamut of ministry areas in our church, avail ourselves as servant leaders to the members of Shiloh, and model Christian living by loving one another as Christ loves us.
We the Deacon Ministry of Mount Calvary Baptist Church aim to be a ministry focused on serving the people of our church community under the guidance of our Pastor through modeling Christ-centered leadership, assisting in developing the spiritual lives of our congregants, and being in constant prayer for the body of Christ.
- We want to encourage individual members of the body to minister to other members of the body (Galatians 6:10; I John. 3:16-18).
- We want the church as a whole to fulfill our family obligations to each other (1 Corinthians 12:12-27).
- We want to display appropriate brotherly concern and sympathy for believers in need (1 Peter 1:22; 3:8-9a).
- We want to be good stewards of the corporate resources over which we have oversight (Acts 20:28; I Timothy 5).
- We want to handle material and financial situations in a way that will be for the spiritual good of the recipient (Hebrews 13:17).
Deacon Chairman: Bro. William McIntosh